Join the MugStock Dream Team
MugStock is a not for profit organisation powered by the love and hard work of volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to help create Scotland’s friendliest festival you can now register below.
We need volunteers to help on the weekend of the festival, a bit before and after, and also right now.
Right Now we need help with:
- Promoting the Festival
- Helping prepare a mammoth amount of decor for the festival site. We have 460 acres to play with, so let’s get cracking 🙂
From Thursday 20th July we need help with:
- Driving around in vans picking stuff up and dropping stuff off
- Finishing and installing the decor
- Painting and decorating things
- Climbing trees (qualified and experienced folk only) to hang things up
- Finishing and installing signage
- Crew Catering. This one is the Most Important, as it makes all the other things easier!
Over the weekend of the festival we need help with:
- Stewarding – making sure everyone’s safe, happy and in the right place
- Crew Catering
- Artist Liaison
- Box Office
- Getting stuff from one place and taking it to another place
- Stage crew
- Working in SmugStock: an area where you can enjoy being pampered and enjoy waiter bar service whilst enjoying the music. In previous years we’ve had massage and manicures from medieval maidens and merry men. What could make it even better this year?
From Monday 31st July – Thursday 3rd August we need help with:
- Taking down decor and signs.
- Taking down fences
- Pulling poles out of the ground
- Dusting things down and giving them a wee wipe
- Reuniting lost property with its owners
- Getting reusable signs, decor, materials etc into storage, organised and ready for next year, or to be passed on to other festivals.
- Returning stuff we’ve borrowed to their generous owners
What we can offer:
- A full weekend crew ticket
- Breakfast and another meal each day you volunteer Friday to Monday
- 3 meals a day if you are helping build / dismantle the festival
- Plenty of time to enjoy the festival (the whole weekend if you help before and / or after for 4 days in total)
- The chance to be part of a team of amazing and friendly people working together to create something excellent for the sheer collective joy of it
What we ask in return
- Give us a minimum of 12 hours of your time over the weekend of the festival, or work a total of 4 days during the set-up and / or take down period, or do about 20 hours of PR before the festival.
- Weekend volunteers only: If you haven’t volunteered before we ask you to pay a deposit (half the price of a ticket), which will be refunded to you at the end of the weekend
- Please turn up when agreed and represent MugStock responsibly (including being sober when working)
- Bring appropriate camping and outdoor equipment
- Only over 18s are invited to volunteer at MugStock. Please bring legally acceptable photo ID
- We need to take some emergency contact details and other important information.
- We’ll ask you to complete a short survey shortly after the festival in order to help us improve the festival and our volunteering programme
- Bring your pals
What you need to do now:
To volunteer please order a MugStock Volunteer / Crew ticket using the form below.
We will not be able to accept every application, and those who get in touch sooner will be prioritised, so do it now, cheers!
What happens next?
Once you’ve paid your deposit and completed the survey make yourself a refreshing beverage, and find a nice comfy chair to sit in. Sara will be in touch with you to let you know whether your application has been successful. If it has not your deposit will be refunded in full. If you have been successful you’ll get more information in plenty of time. If you are volunteering over the weekend of the festival you will be expected to be on site from the evening of Thursday 27th July.
What if I have a question?
If you have any questions about volunteering for MugStock, please e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator Sara on: Volunteers@MugStock.org
What if I can’t afford the deposit?
If you’re genuinely skint but really want to help out, we may be able to accept a reduced deposit. Please send Volunteer Coordinator Sara an e-mail letting her know your situation, and why we’d be daft not to have you: Volunteers@MugStock.org