MugStock seeks to form new and ambitious creative partnerships with high profile musical acts. The 5th MugStock will take place over the weekend of 31st July – 3rd August 2020 and we are now seeking expressions of interest from high profile “name” acts interested in working with us. We will use this as the starting point from which to develop creative partnerships with one or more acts resulting in the development of work which will be performed at MugStock 2020.
As a not for profit festival and a registered charity, MugStock will endeavour to secure grant funding to help talented artists to do something truly special at next year’s event.
Please note that this call-out is for high profile, established acts with widespread reach and a large following. There will be opportunities for other acts to apply to perform in due course.
The purpose of this call-out is to explore potential partnerships with acts looking to do something new. For example this could mean:
- Creating and performing new work
- Bespoke collaborations
- Take on the role of co-curators
- Re-stage a previously developed “once in a lifetime” performance
- Work with artists across other mediums to enhance performances (i.e developing visuals / light show / dance performance)
- 1st September: Deadline for expressions of Interest
- September: Discussions with interested acts
- October: Develop funding application(s) to funders including Creative Scotland and PRS Foundation with aim to fund costs associated with agreed programme of work
- January 2020: Funding Decisions
- February – July 2020: Development of work
- 31st July – 3rd August 2020: Performance(s) as part of MugStock Festival
Expressions of Interest should be sent via the following short form:
Deadline for expressions of interest: Sunday 1st September
Any questions, please contact: [email protected]