General Information About MugStock
What is MugStock?
MugStock is Festival of Music & Merriment. It used to take place at Mugdock Country Park (hence the name), and in 2021 is moving to stunning, larger and more accessible new site Strathallan Castle.
Visitors can expect camping, a huge variety of live music across a range of stages and venues, independent traders, locally sourced food and drink, activities and workshops for all ages, and a range of extrordinary occurences, including SmugStock – an opportunity to watch bands on the main stage whilst enjoing a massage.
Conceived as a more chilled out alternative to larger events, MugStock promises a plethora of under-discovered and emerging talent, a safe and relaxed atmosphere, and a reasonably priced bar supporting Scottish independent brewers.
As a Not For Profit Festival, MugStock’s mission is to make people happy by creating a safe, authentic, and uplifting environment to be enjoyed by and inspire a diverse audience.
Dates / Times
Friday 6th August
- Box office and campsites open 12pm. Entertainment and Bars: 5pm – 3am
Saturday 7th August
- Box Office opens 9am
- Entertainment & Bars: 10am – 3am
Sunday 8th August
- Box Office opens 9am
- Entertainment & Bars: 10am – 2am
Monday 9th August
- Entertainment: 11am – 2pm
- Campsite closes 5pm
All times are subject to license
Location / Getting Here
MugStock has a new site for 2021. You can find us in the palatial grounds of Strathallan Castle, near Auchterarder in Perth & Kinross. It’s extremely easy to get to from anywhere in Central Scotland. Visit our Location / Travel page for more info
MugStock will take place in August 2021.
We will be following Goverment guidlines on best practices for our festivals Health & Saftey in relation to Covid-19.
Hot water/hand washing facilities will be available on site.
Keeping our Community safe is our top priority.
We have moved to a new site and still have some work to do before confirming whether or not dogs will be able to join us this year. It’s looking promising – watch this space! For more details and updates see: www.mugstock.org/dogs
All of our concessions tickets are half price *. The following groups are entitled to a concessions tickets:
- Teenagers (13 – 17 years of age on the day they arrive)
- Over 60s
- Refugees / Asylum Seekers
- Anyone in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Personal Independence Payments
- Disability Living Allowance
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Carers Allowance
Concession tickets can be ordered on our tickets page. Proof of age / status / benefits must be provided. Full instructions will be given at checkout. If you do not want to bring paperwork with you there is an option to send it electronically in advance.
* OK, so ticket prices are rounded up to the nearest quid here and there, so techically they are half price give or take 50p 🙂
Under 18s may only attend MugStock when accompanied by a responsible adult aged 25 or over.
- All weekend ticket holders can camp at no extra charge.
- Day ticket holders can add camping to a day ticket.
- There will be at least 2 different campsites to choose from depending on what sort of weekend you’re after. All campsites will be within easy walking distance of the event arena and car park.
- All campers aged 18 or over will be asked to pay a £5 environmental despost when they arrive at the box office. You get it back it back for being a responsible camper.
- No personal campfires or BBQs are allowed
- No sound systems or generators please. Guitars and wee portable speakers are fine. Respect your neighbours
- Festivals can be noisy places. Pack earplugs for a tranquil night sleep.
- Drinking water will be available
Live In Vehicles
- At our new site we have more room than ever for campervans and caravans.
- You can book pitches at www.mugstock.org/tickets.
- Prices for a 6 x 4 metre pitch are cheaper the sooner you buy, costing between £22 and £30 depending on when you book.
- There is no guarantee that there will be space for live in vehicles available to those who have not booked before the event.
- If you have an oversized vehicle please let us know and we’ll do our best to accomodate you. There’s an option to pass this information on during checkout of your live in vehicle ticket.
- There will be at least one live in vehicle area. There may be more than one – i.e. families / general live ins. The site plan is still under development – please refer to information here and email updates as the festival approaches, or Contact Us with any questions.
- Live in vehicle areas will be within easy walking distance of all attractions.
- You can set up tents around your vehicles so long as you don’t spill into other plots or block fire lanes.
- Electric Hookup is not currently on offer. We may offer this service as an upgrade depending on demand and capacity.
With our new site featuring unparalleled facilities, we aim to make MugStock 2021 our most accessible festival yet.
There will be an accessible campsite near the main arena entrance in which you may camp near your vehicle, with accessible toilets available.
MugStock takes place on farmland. There will be uneven surfaces and grass fields to traverse but there are hard standing paths in between the arena, car park and campsites. There will be no steps to climb on site.
If you need personal assistance from a carer in order to get the most out of attending you can book a free carers’ ticket. You can select this as an optional extra on our tickets page.
Perform / Contribute / Volunteer
If you’d like to perform at or otherwise contribute to MugStock, we’d love to hear from you. Applications are open for those interested in performing, running a workshop or in some other way bringing a bit of magic to our festival. Visit www.mugstock.org/perform for more details.
MugStock also needs at least 100 volunteers to fulfil a huge variety of roles at the festival and all year round. Visit www.mugstock.org/volunteer for more information.
Have something tasty, useful or intriguing to sell at MugStock? We’d love to hear from you. Applications are now open for traders at www.mugstock.org/traders
Wondering if there’s a way your business can get involved with MugStock? We’d love to hear from you. Please email [email protected] and we’ll have a chat. We are keen to work with companies who can add something to MugStock and make the festival better for our community. There are many possibilities including advertising, employee discounts and hospitality. Let’s talk.