General Information About MugStock
What is MugStock?
Visitors can expect camping, a huge variety of live music across a range of stages and venues, independent traders, locally sourced food and drink, activities and workshops for all ages, and a range of extraordinary occurrences, including SmugStock – an opportunity to watch bands on the main stage whilst enjoying a massage.
Conceived as a more chilled out alternative to larger events, MugStock promises a plethora of under-discovered and emerging talent, a safe and relaxed atmosphere, and a reasonably priced bar supporting Scottish independent brewers.
As a Not For Profit Festival, MugStock’s mission is to make people happy by creating a safe, authentic, and uplifting environment to be enjoyed by and to inspire a diverse audience.
Dates / Times
Friday 4th August
- Box office and campsites open 12pm.
- Flashmob Bootcamp 3pm (only open to weekend guests)
- Arena and Bars Open 4:30pm
- Music: 5pm – 1am
- Bars close 1:30am
Saturday 5th August
- Box Office opens 9am
- Music Starts 10am
- Bars Open 11am
- Music Finishes 1am
Sunday 6th August
- Box Office opens 9am
- Music Starts 10am
- Bars Open 11am
- Music Finishes at Midnight
- Bars close at Half Midnight
Monday 7th August
- Monday Warmdown with Live Music, Coffee and Food: 11am – 2:45pm
- Campsite closes 5pm
All times are subject to license
Location / Getting Here
For more details see: www.mugstock.org/dogs
Discounted concessions tickets are available to the following groups:
- Teenagers (Aged 13 – 17 on arrival, accompanied by an adult)
- Over 65s
- Refugee / Asylum Seeker Status (New Scots)
- Blue Light Card holders
- Perth & Kinross Council workers
- Anyone in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Disability Living Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
Concession tickets can be ordered on our tickets page. Proof of age / status / benefits must be provided. Full instructions will be given at checkout. As soon as you have ordered, send proof of elligibility to [email protected] and we will validate your concession booking. If you don’t send proof in advance you must bring hard copies to the box office. If you arrive at the box office with an unvalidated concessions ticket and no evidence of eligibility you will have to pay the difference between the ticket you purchased and the current gate price for a full price ticket. This is the only way of ensuring that the concessions system is only enjoyed by the intended beneficiaries.
- All weekend ticket holders can camp at no extra charge.
- Day ticket holders can add camping to a day ticket.
- There will be at least 2 different campsites to choose from depending on what sort of weekend you’re after. All campsites will be within easy walking distance of the event arena, car park and public transport bus link.
- All campers aged 18 or over will be asked to pay a £5 environmental deposit when they arrive at the box office. You get it back it back for being a responsible camper.
- No personal campfires or BBQs are allowed
- No sound systems or generators please. Guitars and wee portable speakers are fine. Respect your neighbours
- Festivals can be noisy places. Pack earplugs for a tranquil night sleep.
- Drinking water will be available
Live In Vehicles
- At our new site we have more room than ever for campervans and caravans.
- Cars can be left next to caravans.
- You can book pitches at www.mugstock.org/tickets.
- There is no guarantee that there will be space for live in vehicles available to those who have not booked before the event.
- If you have an oversized vehicle please let us know by emailing [email protected] and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. There’s an option to pass this information on during checkout of your live in vehicle ticket.
- Live in vehicle areas will be within easy walking distance of all attractions.
- You can set up a few (and we mean a few!) tents behind your vehicle so long as you don’t spill into other plots or block fire lanes.
With our new site featuring unparalleled facilities, we aim to make MugStock 2023 our most accessible festival yet.
There will be an access campsite near the main arena entrance with dedicated parking nearby and accessible toilets available.
In order to make our festival as accesible as possible we will have a dedicated team available to support people with access requirements.
We are offering several services which can be booked in advance or requested at the box office on arrival.
Pitch booking for accesible camping.
If you plan to use the access campsite it would be helpful if you could contact our access team with details of your party and camping setup. This will help us ensure we make enough space for everyone.
Meet and Greet.
Your party will be met at the box office and shown to your pitch.
Set up Buddies
Our Access Volunteers will be on standby on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning to provide any support needed to get set up.
Available in the access camping field where mobility/medical devices can be charged and medications can be refrigerated.
MugStock 2023 Access Whatsapp Chat
To chat directly with our access team and others who plan to use the access campsite you may join our Whatsapp chat. Please note that this is a normal Whatsapp group, so when you join your phone number will be visible to other group members. Join at: https://chat.whatsapp.com/C0FWs4lKSXrJZ5cpWiUinv
MugStock takes place on farmland. There will be uneven surfaces and grass fields to traverse but there are hard standing paths in between the arena, car parks and campsites. There will be no steps to climb on site.
If you need personal assistance from a carer in order to get the most out of attending you can book a free carer’s ticket. You can book this at the same time as your own from our tickets page.
If you have any questions please contact our Access Manager Claire at [email protected]
Perform / Contribute / Volunteer
MugStock also needs at least 100 volunteers to fulfil a huge variety of roles at the festival and all year round. Visit www.mugstock.org/volunteer for more information.
We will be following Government guidelines on best practices for our festival’s health & safety in relation to Covid 19.
Hot water and hand washing facilities will be available on site.
Keeping our community safe is our top priority.