2 x new roles for Charity Development & Fundraising Assistants
(23rd September 2022)
Charity Development and Fundraising Assistant
- 30 hours per week
- 6 months
- Living wage
- Candidates must be aged over 25, live in Glasgow and have been out of employment for the past 12 months
- 2 roles available
Mugstock’s Charity Development and Fundraising Assistants will undertake a programme of training to increase skills and aptitude for charity development and fundraising support with Mugstock .The candidates will work closely with the entire team to support approaches to fundraising and raising the profile of the organisation and helping to secure funding for the 2023 programme and beyond. The main duties include understanding and development strategy and being able to support the Mugstock Management and Development teams to fulfil the development goals of the organisation.
The candidates will support programme development and resolving project ideas to the point that they are ready for funding applications. They will help Mugstock to develop our approach to successful funding which includes understanding the projects and building relationships with the funders. This is a development role in which the candidates’ existing knowledge and skills will be assessed and development plans put in place to support them to build on these.
We are seeking 2 motivated, inclusive and passionate people with experience of the outdoor events industry to join our project staff and support in the development of our approaches to the developmeny of our charity.
You will work well with the Mugstock team, partners and funders and approach tasks with enthusiasm and openness, alerting the team when you need support to deliver agains your tasks.
- The ability to build relationships with a range of employees, stakeholders and participants
- A positive, flexible and patient approach that is adaptable to the needs of the charity
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management and motivation
- Good communication skills
- Good IT literacy, excel, word and email programmes.
- Support the delivery of approached to charity development, raising the profile of the organisation, fundraising approaches
- Support the development of frameworks for writing and submitting fundraising applications
- Support the development team with the development of a fundraising strategy for the next 12 months
- Carry out administration elements in gathering information for funding bids
- Professional qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of the Scottish education and social work and social justice systems and supports.
- Computer and IT literate (Google Apps / Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Social media literate (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- 12 months experience in outdoor events, arts, education, administration or community work.
Personal skills and abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt communication and presentation style according to the audience.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to adjust as circumstances for the charity change
- Ability to take instruction and carry out project requirements
- Proven ability to take the initiative and the responsibility for getting things done.
- A highly efficient team worker able to work closely with other members of the project team in a collaborative and motivating way.
- Empathy with and willingness to work within the ethos of Mugstock
- Adaptable and flexible in terms of time and work approach.
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the needs of the post.
How to Apply
- Please send a CV and short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to time limitations on funding we will recruit as soon as we can. There is no fixed deadline and applications will be considered as they are received.