MugStock 2023: Local Residents Discounts and Information
MugStock aim to have a positive impact on our local community and look forward to getting to know more of our neighbours living around our new site at Strathallan Castle. The festival is ran by volunteers on a not for profit basis and is a registered charity. Here’s everything we think you need to know.
If you have any other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook.
Local Ticket Discounts
- Our very closest neighbours on the estate will be offered complimentary tickets. If this applies, our Local Liaison Officer will contact you directly. If you haven’t heard from us but think this may apply to you please get in touch.
- Those living within the area shown on the map below may book Concessions tickets for 70% of the normal adult weekend / day ticket prices.
- Book Local Concessions tickets from our tickets page. Choose the Concessions Weekend or Day Tickets you need and at checkout you’ll be prompted to let us know that these are Local Concessions.
- To confirm your eligibility for the Local Concessions you are asked to scan / photograph a piece of mail addressed to you at home and send to email@example.com
- Your concession will be validated and you will receive an upated ticket which confirms this. If you are not able to provide a copy of mail by email please bring a physical piece of mail with you to the box office
- Concessions are also available to anyone aged 65 or over and those in receipt of various types of benefits. If any of this applies to you in addition to being a local resident, the Concession Discount only applies once.
- Tickets for teenagers and children are already heavily discounted and so Local Concessions only apply to adult weekend or day tickets.
- For a very long list of all postcodes eligible for Local Concessions, please click here.
- If viewing this page on your mobile phone you may find it easier to zoom in by clicking here to view a zoomable map
Local Resident Concessions Zone
More About MugStock / Key Dates & Times
- MugStock is a Festival of Music & Merriment for all ages, featuring live music across at least 3 main stages, a dance tent, kids stage, family field and marquee, workshops, walkabout performers, bars, street food, stalls and more, including a Flashmob.
- Camping, glamping (tbc) and live in vehicle pitches are available and day visitors are also welcome.
- Site build should commence on Monday 1st August. There will be approximately 10 deliveries via articulated lorry of essential site infrastructure such as fencing and ground protection during the early part of the week
- Marquees, sound systems, generators and traders will arrive by truck, van or trailer (estimated 20 contractors) between Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd August.
- Sound systems will be tested at points between hours of 10am – 8pm Thursday 3rd and no earlier than 10am Friday 4th August.
- Stage and site lighting will be tested after dark on the evenings of Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd August. Any strange colours or flashing lights should not immediately be assumed to be the work of aliens!
- Perth & Kinross Council will be invited to the site to inspect all relevant units, services and structures on Thursday 3rd August.
- The campsites and box office will open at 12pm on Friday 4th August
- A “Flashmob Bootcamp” will take place from 3 – 4:30pm. This is an opportunity for weekend campers to take part in something fun, silly and top secret later in the weekend!
- Live music on Friday will start at 5pm and finish at 1am, with the volume lowered to a neighbour friendly level from 11pm.
- On Saturday and Sunday the box office will open at 9am and entertainment will start at 10am. On both nights the volume will be reduced at 11pm. On Saturday music finishes at 1am and on Sunday the music wraps up at midnight.
- On Monday 7th August we are running a Monday Warmdown session in order to encourage people to be well rested before heading home. Live music, coffee and food will be on offer to campers between 11am and 3pm and the campsite will close at 5pm. We expect this will help stagger the egress of traffic.
- We predict around 1000 cars will travel to site at staggered times, particularly Friday 4th August 3-9pm and Saturday 6th August 9am-1pm. Experience suggests that departures will be staggered with peak times being Sunday afternoon / evening and Monday.
- We don’t foresee the need for any road closures or diversions although we may implement a one way system within parts of the Strathallan Estate during peak times of the production.
- A full traffic management plan will be shared on this page in due course.
- 70% concessions tickets are offered to all local residents (From Crieff wishing to attend for the weekend or a day. Full details including a list of eligible postcodes can be found at www.mugstock.org/locals
- We have been planning the event since late 2019 after delivering 4 festivals (2015-2018) in Mugdock Country Park near Glasgow. We are very excited to finally bring the event to our new community.
- Our recently appointed Community Liaison Officer Melissa is a local resident and has a budget (thanks to funding from Awards for All) to deliver creative community engagement projects for schools and other groups. Melissa can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MugStock is a voluntary led, grassroots festival which has had charitable status since 2015.
- The event involves over 100 volunteers and we’d love to involve as many people from the local community as possible. Visit www.mugstock.org/volunteer for more details.
- We sincerely want the festival to be an asset to the people of Perth & Kinross and look forward to working with you all to achieve that.
- Any questions? Contact Us