Do I need photo ID?

If you’re lucky enough to look like you MIGHT be under 25 and want to drink alcohol then yes.

Without acceptable photo ID we can let you in but have to issue you with a youth wristband which means you won’t be allowed to buy or consume alcohol.

At the end of 2013 the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 came into effect. It is very strict, we can be fined £20,000 for serving alcohol to a person without acceptable ID if that person MAY be under 25. There are no exceptions, we must see one of the 6 forms of photo ID or we are not allowed to let you in / issue an adult wristband. Under the terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 there are various forms of identification which licensees or their staff can accept as proving your age. From 1st October 2013, acceptable ID is one of the following:

  1. A passport
  2. A European Union photocard driving licence
  3. A Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
  4. A photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram
  5. A national identity card issued by a European Union member state (other than the United Kingdom), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, or
  6. A Biometric Immigration Document.

No other form of ID such as birth certificate, credit card or student card is acceptable.

If you have lost or do not have one of these then consider a proof of age card:

Apart from the premium passport service available in Glasgow we believe this is the quickest method available of obtaining acceptable ID.

You will still need to show photo ID to buy alcohol at the bar. However, if you look like you might be under 25 and do not have appropriate ID you will be given a youth wristband.  You will also need ID if there is an issue with your ticket.