A few weeks ago we announced a contingency date for MugStock. We can now confirm that we’re going with the later date.
MugStock will take place at Strathallan Castle from Friday 18th – Monday 21st September.
We think it’s important to all have something to look forward to, and this decision greatly increases our chances of getting a wee shindig together before the summer’s end.
All tickets sold have been automatically transferred to the new date, and in the event that we still can’t proceed in September, will roll over to 2021.
If anyone can’t make September, they can choose to roll over their ticket to next year, or request a refund. We have emailed all ticket buyers with full details.
We will be continuing the build towards MugStock 2020 (18th – 21st September, take Monday off!), but a festival isn’t the only thing we’re creating…
We’re also making Face Masks for the NHS.
There is a national shortage of crucial PPE for front line care medical workers. To help, an initiative called 3d Crowd UK has coordinated owners of 3d printers to put their equipment to a collective goal. They have attracted over 7000 volunteers to help meet the demand of a fast escalating avalanche of orders (586,000 requests). They have 80,000 face shields in production and delivered 39,000 to the NHS last week.
MugStock director Nelson was quick to embrace the potential of this innovative crowd-sourced movement. He had never owned a 3d printer, but as we write this, our habitual meeting space in his living room is now a clean room housing 5 of these potentially life-saving machines. He is fine tuning the production line and soon the main limitation will be supply of materials. A crowd funder to cover the cost of more materials is currently live at: www.mugstock.org/masks
Please share, and help if you can.
One silver lining of our later date is that Early Bird Tickets (priced from £7 to £95) will now be on sale until the end of May. And Payment Plans can be spread over more months. You’ll pay just £19 a month for a weekend camping ticket if you start your payment plan on the 1st May. We’ve also extended applications for performers / contributors.
We can’t wait to see you. Stay safe til then.
22nd April 2020
A few other bits about transferred tickets:
- A Wee Kid who would have come free as a 4 year old but will be 5 on the later date can still come for free.
- A Big Kid who would have been 12 on our original date, but will now be 13 when they attend will still get in on their original big kid’s child’s ticket.
- Teenager tickets for those who would have been 17 but will now be 18 will still be valid (but they should show ID at the box office so they receive an adults wristband)
- Buy Tickets: https://www.mugstock.org/tickets
- Set up a Payment Plan: https://mugstock.org/pay-monthly
- Support our effort to 3D print face shields for the NHS: https://www.mugstock.org/masks
- Find out more about 3D Crowd UK: https://www.3dcrowd.uk/
- Volunteer at MugStock or help us in advance to plan and promote: https://www.mugstock.org/volunteer
- Perform at MugStock or bring a workshop or activity: https://www.mugstock.org/perform