Update: 22nd April 2020
Following the below post in which we announced a potential contingency date for MugStock, we have now confirmed that we will be going ahead with the later date 18th – 21st September 2020.
MugStock will take place on one of 2 weekends, and no-one knows which (yet!)
At our core MugStock is a community, and keeping our community safe needs to be our highest priority. Current predictions and advice make us optimistic that MugStock 2020 will proceed as planned from Friday 31st July – Monday 3rd August 2020 at Strathallan Castle.
Because the situation remains unpredictable, we have secured a contingency date. If MugStock does not take place on the planned weekend the event will be moved to the weekend of Friday 18th – Monday 21st September.
Put both weekends in your diary now. On or before the end of June we will announce which weekend we are going with. If we announce that we are postponing to September, all tickets will be automatically transferred, and anyone who can’t make the new dates will be entitled to a refund, or transfer to MugStock 2021.
Tickets are now on sale for the next Mugstock. We will be back and the more folk who buy tickets the better we can prepare it. The perfect way to provide support at the moment whilst still looking after your pennies is to sign up for a monthly payment plan. Everyone who signs up before the end of March can split the cost of early bird tickets over 4 months, with no fees.
We would like to give enormous thanks to Strathallan Castle and Perth & Kinross Council for being so flexible, supportive and understanding, to our Dream Team of volunteers, our fabulous staff, and our utterly integral donors and supporters, without whom we would be far less able to weather this storm.
Thinking of our community in the widest sense, the MugStock team is now in discussion with our inspiring peers from other independent festivals about how we can all work together to support our sector. This is undoubtedly a tough time to be in the business of bringing people together, and we would like to express solidarity with the many technicians, performers, organisers, traders, suppliers and staff whose livelihoods are currently threatened by what has already been a highly damaging blow to our creative sector. We will do everything in our power to help ensure that, when safe, people again have the opportunity to gather in beautiful places and celebrate the wealth of creative talent we are so lucky to be surrounded by. If you are a festival-goer, a concrete and impactful action you can take right now is to buy tickets for one or more of Scotland’s fantastic festivals, even if we don’t yet know precisely which weekends you’ll spend enjoying them.
In the sad event that any Scottish festival needs to be cancelled or postponed in 2020, we would ask that ticket holders for those events consider transferring their tickets to the following year or waiving some of their refund if they decide to go that route. The more stability we all have as a sector, the safer and faster we can get back to getting together to enjoy music and merriment in fields.
We hope that everyone is safe and provided for, and we know that you will be looking out for each other.